Indian Railways floated tenders for the first time to invite private players to build a wheel plant. The manufacturing and transport of wheels for the rakes were halted due to the Russia-Ukraine war. This initiative by the Indian Railways will make India self-reliant as well as draws a blueprint to become an exporter of wheels. The plant aims to manufacture at least 80,000 wheels every year for the Super-Fast Vande Bharat Express Trains in India.
Bank Maha Pack includes Live Batches, Test Series, Video Lectures & eBooks
Key Points related to Wheel Plant
- The plant aims to enable the production of 80000 wheels a year.
- The Steel Authority of India (SAIL) is supplying one lakh wheels and the rest of the wheels will be produced by the new plant.
- On 15th August 2021, Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced the vision of having 75 ‘Vande Bharat’ trains that will connect different parts of the country in 75 weeks to mark the Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav.
- Until now, there are three Vande Bharat Trains in India, two are on track and the third one has recently completed trail runs.
- Ukraine was one of the largest producers of wheels in the world, and due to the Russian-Ukraine wars, the production of wheels was stopped.
- The government will award the tender once the basic ability of the company to export wheels is determined.
Find More Miscellaneous News Here